202/mp/6 The Swan Boats
The Swan Boats in Boston Public Garden
The Swan Boats
The Swan Boats of Boston have been a fixture in Boston's public garden since the early 1870's. Started by Robert Paget, The Swan Boats are still owned and operated by the Paget Family and have been around for more than 130 years.
The tour consists of a 15-minute cruise on the water and gives a beautiful view of the 24-acre Boston Public Garden. Along with flower beds, a scenic atmosphere and swimming ducks, it is a peaceful and pleasant ride.
The Swan Boats manager Phil Paget said that he has worked within the family business since 1991 and that he was attracted to working within the business because of the family history and tradition that The Swan Boats entailed. Swan Boat operator Jonathan Mejia said that he has spent seven years working with the boats and found the job after his high school Spanish teacher recommended it to him after she had previously babysat some of the owners. Mejia said that his job is relaxing and peaceful and that although they usually see about 2,000 customers daily, he never gets bored of meeting new people from all around the world.
The Swan Boat season is from mid April to mid September and is open from 10 A.M to 4 P.M. Adult tickets are $2.75 a person while children are $1.50 and seniors $2.00. The Swan Boats are located in The Boston Public Garden and bound by Arlington, Boylston, Charles and Beacon Streets.
An attraction to families, politicians and celebrities, The Swan Boats enriches the history and beauty of Boston and the culture that this city holds.
Phil Paget, Manager and Part of the Paget Family
Jonathon Mejia, Swan Boat Operator
Mobile # 857 544 3227
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent JSONS News Articles
Discuss This Article
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST JSONS NEWS
- Green restaurants continue to grow in Boston
- JR 595- Brazilians in Massachusetts react to the protests back home
- Starbucks calorie posting may have a down side
- Chinese students in America rethink one-child policy
- JR595 Games Beyond Entertainment Week：Play for Health
- 595 First generation college graduate
- JR595 South of Washington street
RECENT JSONS CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Family-Friendly Programming Storms The Weather Channel
- Carrageenan: Sustainability From Farm to Table
- Every Room Tells a Story if You Set the Stage
- Guiding Treatment of Advanced Breast Cancer Using Subtypes
- Taking the High Road to Scotland
- Fall Foes: Watch out for These Stinging Insects
- Supporting Arts in Education
- Fishing and Boating are Great Activities for the Entire...
- Don't Get Blindsided by the Sticker Shock of College
- Your Online Reputation: Handle With Care